Best 3D Product Image Apps for Shopify
Great product images help you sell – no words are necessary. Great 3D product images help you sell more. And the best 3D product image apps help you do that on Shopify.
Not only do 3D images provide a more comprehensive and engaging product view – they instill trust and confidence in the buyer that your product descriptions are genuine and accurate.
Trust and confidence encourage conversions and reduce abandoned carts. Greater certainty in what customers are getting means fewer returns.
Without the ability to visualize a finished, personalized product before purchase, you may be leaving doubts in the customer’s minds – and that’s never good for business.
3D product images can even help eliminate many customer questions, easing pressure on customer service.
Highly detailed, eye-catching displays on product pages help your store stand out and encourage repeat shoppers. Rather than a series of flat 2D images, you can provide 360-degree spinning images just as if you were walking by the product in a store.
The following five apps are currently considered the best 3D product image apps on Shopify…some provide 360-degree animations, others 3D models, and some specialize in augmented reality (AR) viewing.
NB: Shopify has native 3D image support but its very browser dependant so apps are still the way to go!
Magic 360 Spin from the team at Magic Toolbox has a different pricing setup to other 3D product image apps reviewed here – with a one-time charge for its paid version.
There is no monthly fee, which might be attractive for some store owners looking for a basic app that has most of the animation and 3D options you could want.
Price: Free to install. $169 one-time charge to buy a license and remove the “trial version” message in red text.
Free Trial? Yes – full version is free to install.
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (29 reviews)
- Show customers every angle of products
- Eye-catching spin, magnify and full-screen effects
- Customers can zoom in and enlarge to full-screen
- Auto-spin once, twice or infinitely
- Spin on hover, drag or mouse wheel
- Full free version available – with “trial version” message visible
- Easily upload unlimited JPG photos to create 360-degree-spin mages or leave as static images
- Works on iPad, iPhone, most Android devices and all major browsers
- Supports any Shopify theme
- Free support from the app developers
- No monthly fee
- Professional photography recommendations provided
- Trial version has a prominent red text message (but is free)
Spin Studio enables 360-degree product images showing every detail of your product. You can set up animated, spinning images that showcase your products and increase conversions – and the reasonable pricing makes it well suited for startup and growing stores.
New features are added regularly so the Spin Studio team is not resting on its laurels – it keeps improving the app. This is reflected in the stellar reviews received by Shopify merchants.
Price: Free plan available. Basic plan at $4.95/month (up to 10 products), standard $9.95/month (up to 25 products), and Advanced $19.95/month (up to 100 products).
Free Trial? No – but free plan available
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 5.0 (18 reviews)
- Show off products to customers in full 3D view with spinning animations
- Examine products from any angle
- Customers can rotate images using a mouse or a finger on a mobile screen
- 360-view icons for thumbnails in product galleries
- Automatic addition of 360 images to product gallery – no theme modification required
- Simple to set up and use
- Easy to upload photos to use in animations
- Customize to the theme of your store
- Free plan available so you can try it with one product with no risk
- Reasonable pricing for paid plans
- The free plan only covers one spinning image
Spiff 3D Product Customizer is perhaps aimed at growing and more established Shopify stores, given its pricing and its advanced feature set compared to some other apps reviewed here (includes AR-viewing).
It has an Enterprise version that caters to Shopify behemoths, offering customization and personalization options with their products. However, there are affordable plans and all types of merchants love it, consistently giving it five-star ratings.
Price: Starter Plan at $29.95/month (up to 50 products). Customizer Plan at $99/month. Enterprise Plan at $249/month. Transaction fees charged on top – capped at $15/month.
Free Trial? Yes – 14 days.
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 5.0 (15 reviews)
- Personalize products in 2D or 3D
- Interaction with 3D products using the mouse (desktop) or fingers (mobile)
- Dynamically personalize the product in real-time with no coding necessary
- Customers have the option to add images
- Bespoke fonts available (can turn your logo into a font)
- Backgrounds can be created from an illustration that can be randomized
- Allow users to build their own AR experiences with your products
- Create customizable characters
- Customers can choose finishes and textures to add even more realism
- Easy to use – digital assets can be stored in a repository
- WYSIWYG configurable workflow editor for greater customization control
- Configurable order routing features
- Excellent support
- Higher pricing than other apps – and transaction fees are added to monthly charges
Angle 3D Configurator allows “anyone to fully engage with your products with photorealistic details” – so says the developer.
These are no hollow promises if users are to be believed – the app has received only stellar reviews from Shopify merchants who have used it to create interactive, personalized, 3D product images – from small startups to established enterprises.
Price: From $29/month (Basic Plan up to 10 products). Premium Plan is $59/month (up to 40 products), Professional Plan is $99/month (up to 100 products) and Enterprise Plan is $199/month (unlimited products)
Free Trial? Yes – 14 days.
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 5.0 (35 reviews)
- Once you’ve taken pictures of all angles of your product, create a 3D model
- Create customization options (color/textures or product variation)
- Easily bind variants to 3D customization options and adjust pricing automatically
- Provide AR experiences to customers: view 3D products in real space through phone cameras (even in the Basic plan)
- Add text engraving on your product to allow customers to enter custom text (Premium Plan and up)
- Create custom pricing to avoid Shopify variant limits
- Create conditional options logic (Premium Plan and up)
- Integrates seamlessly with Shopify – no coding or third-party integrations needed
- Automatically ensure the right variant image is displayed at checkout
- Customizable user interface to match store design
- New features added regularly – 3D animations coming soon
- Available in French as well as English
- Excellent customer support
- Higher monthly charge entry point than some other apps reviewed here
The AR & 3D Product Viewer app by levAR is used by Shopify store owners to provide a more interactive product experience, supplementing or replacing existing product photography in their stores.
It is probably the highest-end solution reviewed here and is most likely to be used by stores with products where Augmented Reality (AR) viewing is essential for boosting sales – like high-end furniture and design products, for instance. Otherwise, it may be difficult to justify the pricing.
Price: Free to Install. Starter Plan $25/month (single AR product). Advanced Plan at $225/month (up to 10 AR products hosted). Premium Plan at $700/month (up to 50 AR products hosted). Enterprise Plan at $1,050/month (up to 100 AR products hosted).
Free Trial? Free to install.
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 5.0 (12 reviews)
- Quickly add a 3D product viewer with mobile Augmented Reality to any product page in under five clicks
- Provides a proprietary 3D modeling pipeline, making the creation of digital versions of products seamless
- Automatically imports and analyzes all product and variant data from your Shopify store
- Helps reduce returns by up to 40 percent, according to the developer
- Keeps customers on your product page for longer
- Easy integration with your Shopify store and marketing channels
- Include dynamic AR activation codes in email and social marketing campaigns
- Works equally well on mobile (iOS & Android), desktop or social apps
- Provides shareable 3D activations to boost brand awareness
- No development work required
- Support available from the app’s creative team – arrange a call from the app dashboard
- Highest pricing of all the apps reviewed here
Show (don’t tell) and sell more with 3D product image apps
Shopify stores that build trust, confidence and certainty in buyers’ minds lead the pack on Shopify. That’s pretty easy to understand – but pretty difficult to do better than the rest.
The old “show don’t tell” adage rings true here.
3D product image apps can help you build the qualities of trust and confidence for potential customers, increasing conversions, reducing abandoned carts and reducing the number of returns.
Test out any of the apps reviewed and see which one suits your store the best…