10 Best Shopify Shipping Label Apps in 
Nobody notices or comments on shipping if it all goes smoothly. But everyone notices if it goes wrong.
There’s nothing more frustrating for shoppers who’ve made a purchase than to be made to wait. And they will let you know if they’re not happy.
So, shipping needs close attention if you’re an ecommerce store owner and it can take up valuable time that is best used elsewhere.
Some shipping apps look after printing labels as well as other aspects of shipping, such as calculating shipping rates. Others are dedicated solely to the creation of the labels and tracking orders.
Following are 10 of the best Shopify shipping label apps currently available.
Each is designed to help you print shipping labels more efficiently so that products get to where they need to be without you wasting your time – but which one best suits your needs ?
Shopify Multi-Carrier Shipping Label App
Price: Free and then from $9/month
Free Trial? 14 Days, After Free Trail
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (104 Reviews)
PluginHive’s Multi-Carrier Shipping Label app integrates seamlessly with your Shopify store. This is the only solution that allows you to perform all the shipping tasks including printing labels, requesting pickups & monitoring shipment tracking status right from your Shopify dashboard.
The app allows you to display accurate shipping rates at checkout, generate labels in a single click & track orders easily right within the Shopify dashboard, saving you time and money.
The Multi-Carrier Shipping Label app is officially certified by UPS and FedEx. The app supports all major carriers like UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, Stamps, Aramex, Blue Dart, Australia Post, Canada Post, & many more.
- Supports Multi-Carrier shipping for all the top carriers like UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, Canada Post, Australia Post, & many more.
- Display Accurate Shipping Rates on your Shopify Checkout Page
- Save Time & Effort by Automatically Printing Shipping Labels
- Automatically Choose the Cheapest Shipping Services
- Carrier Pickup Requests & Manifests
The Address Labels app makes the process of printing labels direct from the order screen simple, saving time, effort, and the possibility of making costly errors.
That means no more writing labels by hand or with mail merges for shipping around the world.
Free Trial? Yes – 30 days
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 3.3 (26 reviews)
- Clean, mobile-friendly interface
- Can bulk print address labels directly from the order screen
- Hundreds of templates available
- Easily customizable using Liquid
- Create new templates to match your own needs
- Automatically includes the packing slips with each order printed (reduces errors)
- Compatible with all major brand names including Avery, OfficeMax, Dymo, Staples, etc.
- Can choose from multiple paper sizes
- Delivery labels provided in PDF format for universal printing
- Can include a return address label for each order (optional)
- Support for shipping to over 250 countries (with automatic formatting available for each country)
- Generous free trial of 30 days
- Very competitively priced
- Reviews were initially under-par but the latest version is getting 5-star reviews and user concerns and initial glitches appear to have all been ironed out.
ShipRobot allows you to create shipping labels and manage order statuses from the convenience of one simple app.
It automates much of the “heavy lifting” with creating shipping labels, saving you valuable time in both printing and communicating with customers.
Price: Free to install but $20 per 300 shipping labels
Free Trial? No
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.3 (49 reviews)
- Sync orders from your Shopify store in real-time
- Print shipping labels for orders in a few clicks
- Bulk label creation – up to 250 shipping labels can be printed at once
- Supports multiple sales channels and shipping carriers (USPS, Canada Post, UPS, FedEx, and Swiss Post labels)
- Automatically updates shipping status to “fulfilled” within Shopify store Admin
- Automatically sends tracking number emails to customers
- Search or filter any order or shipment
- Support for partial order fulfillment
- Option to print customized packing slips, pick lists, etc.
- Add unlimited “ship from” addresses
- View postage rate for a label before you create it
- Ability to void or refund shipping labels
- A few problems reported with support
- May work out expensive for high-volume label printers
This one is an Asian-developed app, created for and by a Shopify seller to aid the shipping process by easily creating labels. It claims that you can get orders ready for pick-up in less than 20 seconds.
The developer has offices in Japan and Singapore to support Shopify sellers worldwide.
Price: Free to install. $ 0.25 per shipment, or from $17 per month for 100 shipments/ $125/month for 1,000 shipments.
Free Trial? Yes – 14-days
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (18 reviews)
- Easily create and print shipping labels in bulk
- User-friendly interface with one simple dashboard
- Automatically import orders from multiple stores and sync in real-time
- Setup and manage multiple accounts from the same carrier
- Helps save money by comparing shipping rates worldwide between carriers
- Setup and manage multiple Shopify stores and warehouses
- Access order updates
- Print invoices and customs documents (or go paperless if you prefer)
- Track shipments
- Use Shopify order tags to filter orders inside the app
- Integrates with all major international and domestic carriers in Asia, Europe, the US & Australia (including DHL, FedEx, Yamato, Amazon, UPS)
- Currently, no option to schedule carrier pick-up directly from the app
ShippyPro – Labels & Returns
ShippyPro is a European (Italian-designed) app that can help you not only print labels but track your parcels and manage returns.
It’ a popular app, used by more than 10,000 ecommerce stores.
Price: Free version available up to 30 shipments per month. EU 79/month up to 250 orders and EU 159/month up to 1000 orders per month
Free Trial? Not applicable
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 3.9 (37 reviews)
- Easily print labels for 110 different carriers in bulk – including all the main US and European carriers
- Label Creator speeds up the label generation and printing process
- Rate comparisons help you save money on shipping
- Automatically update customers with tracking numbers
- Send branded tracking notifications
- Upload ETD documents and send customs forms to the carrier
- Help customers return items, if necessary
- Customer support in five languages
- Free version available up to 30 shipments
- Some poor reviews lately, mainly from users disgruntled with support – this needs fixing!
ReadyToShip Shipping Tracking
ReadyToShip allows you to easily print labels, update tracking and mark orders as fulfilled.
Created by a team of online retailers, it is designed for Shopify businesses based in Australia and addresses most of the common headaches involved with arranging shipping worldwide.
Price: Free to install but charges from 5c per label
Free Trial? Yes – 30 days
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (55 reviews)
- One-click printing of shipping labels – fast and easy
- Automatically imports orders awaiting fulfillment from Shopify
- Integrates with all main Australian shipping carriers (Australia Post, Fastway, Couriers Please, Sendle, DHL ecommerce, eparcel, etc.)
- Displays live shipping rates for customers for easy comparisons
- Automatically validates and fixes customer addresses
- Print pick lists and invoices
- One-click sending of tracking data to Shopify and your customers
- Helps you manage packages and dimensions
- Handles multiple stores and multiple users
- Scalable – for small and large ecommerce businesses
- Excellent customer support (live chat, email and phone)
- Consistently strong reviews
- Could get expensive with a high volume of labels printed
This free app makes connecting and integrating your Shopify store with Shipcloud easy.
Shipcloud is a major German shipping service provider offering freedom in your choice of carriers. So, all you need to do if this sounds like it’s for you is register with shipcloud.io, install this app, enter your API key and you’re ready to go.
Free Trial? Not applicable
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 3.8 (11 reviews)
- Greatly simplifies the integration of Shipcloud to your Shopify store
- Easily arrange standard shipping, express delivery and returns
- Connect through Shipcloud to DHL, DHL Express, UPS, Deutsche Post, DPD, Hermes, GLS, TNT, GO!, FedEx, Cargo International, ANGEL Last Mile, PARCEL.ONE, etc.
- Choose the most economical service to optimize shipping costs
- Generate and print shipping labels automatically
- Customize labels with your logo every time
- Integrated shipment tracking for all carriers and all customers
- Can integrate your own business accounts with the carriers
- Some complaints about the Shipcloud service and support – but this is no fault of the app
Easy Label Japan Post
This app helps you ship from Japan to anywhere in the world using all available Japan Post international shipping methods (domestic shipping within Japan is not supported).
It is developed by Lunaris, a Shopify merchant and one of the first Shopify app development partners based in Japan.
Price: From $14.90/month
Free Trial? Yes – 7 days
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.5 (3 reviews)
- It takes seconds to create customized labels within Shopify
- Choose from all available Japan Post international shipping methods
- Easily adjust the shipping weight for accuracy
- Change or add shipping content information to streamline customs procedures
- Add insurance to shipments with the click of a button, reducing the risk of lost items
- Few reviews to assess the app
bpost is a label-printing app designed by Esign to integrate with the shipping manager from Belgian carrier bpost.
Note that this app is only for shipping from Belgium and only for businesses using the bpost carrier.
Price: From $30/month for up to 100 labels. $50/month if more than 100 labels printed
Free Trial? Yes – 14 days
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 2.5 (3 reviews)
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Can print shipping labels for bpost with just one click
- No more copy and pasting of addresses
- Batch label creation and order fulfillment
- Automatic email notifications to customers with a tracking code after order fulfilment
- Customer support provided
- Lack of reviews to fully assess this app
- A little expensive
GLS AWB Eastern Europe
This is a simple and rather limited app but is free and very well reviewed.
It is designed solely for use in the Eastern European market, notably Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia.
Free Trial? Not applicable
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 5.0 (8 reviews)
- Easy to use and saves a lot of time for users
- Print custom GLS labels in one simple click – without having to fill in forms
- Supports GLS Expressparcel, SMS, Flex Delivery, Standby services and more
- The support team can assist with settings
- It’s free!
- Limited coverage area
- Requires permission from the GLS service to take full advantage of its API
Correios – SIGEP – Etiquetas
This Brazilian-based app is for merchants who need to send their completed orders by local correios (the state-owned company that operates the national postal service of Brazil) and want to make the process easier.
Price: $4.99/month includes 50 orders. 10c per order for extras.
Free Trial? Yes – 15-days
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.2 (14 reviews)
- Auto imports all orders with client info
- Easily creates PLP/shipping labels for one order or for all selected orders at the same time
- All correios shipping options available: PAC, SEDEX, CARTAS, etc.
- Helps you choose the cheapest shipping option to save money
- Includes customized logo on the shipping label
- Automatically changes fulfillment status and sends shipping update
- No free version and may work out a little expensive for some users
Let an app look after your Shopify shipping
Readers are probably most interested in the U.S. or worldwide shipping apps detailed above.
While there are plenty of those, it also helps to compare feature sets with those apps designed for use in specific countries or regions.
Integrating apps like these is the key to a successful Shopify store because they save you wasting time on aspects of the business that can easily be automated. This includes the shipping process.
Your time is freed up to look after the areas of your store that really do need your attention and to focus on the money-making elements of the business.