Best Shopify FAQ Apps 
What if customers are looking for something in your store and can’t find it? Or they have questions about payment, returns, shipping, or a particular product?
What are you doing to help them?
They may email you or complete a contact form but that places a burden on your support response. Immediate answers to common questions can be provided by FAQs.
An FAQ section/page helps keep customers in your store, provides specific info they need, increases conversions, and relieves busy support teams.
An out-of-the-box Shopify theme is wonderful but limited. As with most things Shopify, there are plenty of FAQ apps to help you conveniently create FAQ sections/pages for customers
The top apps include creative ways to organize and present information and we’ve chosen seven of the best plugins to recommend…
This plugin by NDNAPPS is one of the most popular and best-reviewed FAQ apps on the Shopify app store.
It has free and paid versions that allow you to create one FAQ page or add FAQs to any page in your store in an “accordion” style (see image below). An ideal app if your customers have plenty of questions or need to ask questions that may not appear on your list.
Price: Free plan available. Paid plans from $4.99/month to $12.99/month
Free Trial? Yes – 3-day free trial.
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars):4.9 (373 reviews)
- Supports collapsing and expanding (“accordion”) features for easy viewing of answers
- Supports FAQ rich results (Google FAQ schema) for SEO benefits
- 12 different FAQ templates available
- Add images and videos to answers for engagement
- Visitors can search FAQs
- Enable an FAQ section on any page (product, collection, etc) – simply embed the code
- Easy to change the order of FAQs with a drag & drop tool
- Fully mobile responsive
- Allows customers to submit questions if they cannot find the answer (paid versions)
- Easy to customize the design including color, font size, etc. to match your theme
- The free plan includes only 10 questions and answers
- The free trial is only three days long
This widget is another option if you are looking to use the “accordion” style display of FAQs. That’s probably the easiest way to organize FAQs and one of the most pleasing on the eye. This app automates the entire process.
You can also create tabs for long product descriptions to make the page design tidier, improve the layout and enhance usability.
Free Trial? Yes – 7-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars):4.9 (200 reviews)
- Add accordion tabs to create fancy FAQ pages
- Add questions and answers directly to any page– the app automatically creates an accordion tab
- Can be configured to recognize any heading in your FAQ page content as a tab header
- Create tabs for long product descriptions
- Customizable to align with your brand (tab text color, background color, border, corner radius, etc.)
- Preview the page before publishing
- Simple to install and use
- Can also add Shopify reviews tab in a similar style to FAQs
- A few technical glitches reported historically – but not recently
- No free version
Product Questions and Answers is a plugin by Simprosys InfoMedia designed to create product-specific FAQ sections on the product pages of your Shopify store.
So, rather than having a general FAQ page set up, this one works best if you want your customers to be able to access questions and answers about the particular products they are interested in, aiding conversions for that particular product.
Price: Free plan available. Paid plans at $1.99/month or $4.99/month
Free Trial? No
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars):4.8 (183 reviews)
- Easily adds questions and answer to product pages
- Questions can be asked by visitors and answered by email
- Publish the answer as a new FAQ to add fresh content (or hide answers)
- Receive question notifications by email or automatically forward them to a support person when a new question is asked
- Regularly adds new content to your site – build a library of info on your products
- Aids SEO with new content added regularly (answers to new questions)
- Add as many manual FAQs as you like too
- Free plan available
- Very low-priced paid plan available ($1.99/month) with unlimited questions
- Priority support and language translations on Pro plan
- The free plan has a 15-answer limit per month
- No free trial of Pro paid plan
HelpCenter by Vertex LV does a lot more than add FAQs to your pages. It can provide full Help Desk ticketing and live chat for customer support.
If you just want a basic FAQ set up, the free version will suffice. If you’re looking for the extra customer service features, be prepared to pay a little more but it’s still great value. That’s probably why it’s so widely used – with over 1,000 largely positive reviews from Shopify merchants.
Price: Free plan available. Paid plans for $4.95/month and $29.95/month
Free Trial? Yes -14-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars):4.8 (1,158 reviews)
- Create an informative and easily navigable FAQ page in minutes
- Multilingual and SEO-friendly FAQ pages
- Publish searchable questions with answers organized into sections/categories
- Customizable (even the free plan) and can add brand pictures
- Export/import FAQ page content into another Shopify shop
- Generous free plan with unlimited questions and answers
- User-friendly app with easy installation
- Fully mobile responsive
- Paid plans offer a single help desk with email, live chat and FB messenger support
- Add unlimited agents, email and chat accounts, and access user communication and purchase history
- Use one account for multiple stores
- Fast and dedicated support
- The professional version is more expensive than most other apps featured here – but also offers Help Desk features
- Very occasional theme integration problems with installing the app
The Simple FAQ & Accordions app by Zooomy is not lying. It is relatively simple and does exactly what it says – and nothing more.
If FAQ accordions are what you’re after, this FAQ app enables you to do it for a very low monthly fee. It has excellent feedback from Shopify merchants but could do with a few more reviews to lift it to the level of the other apps on here.
Free Trial? Yes – 21-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars):4.8 (16 reviews)
- Add FAQ accordions for a neat and tidy FAQ section or page
- Create product-specific accordions on product listing pages to boost conversions
- Attractive design for ease of organizing informationand guiding customers
- Very simple to set up and use – no tech skills necessary
- Edit already published questions as often as you like
- Customize accordions to match your store style/theme
- Unlimited questions with links, videos and images for better engagement
- Installation video available
- Fully mobile responsive
- Responsive customer support
- Generous free trial available (21 days)
- A lack of customer reviews (those that it has are excellent though)
- Occasional comments about the user interface
This plugin by POWR.io provides an FAQ page and FAQ accordion menu for key pages in your store.
It brands itself as an “FAQ help center” and it certainly makes it easy to create unlimited accordion-based FAQs. If you have a support desk, it should help to reduce the number of enquiries, which frees up time for customers who really need assistance.
Price: Free plan available. Paid plans from $4.99/month up to $79.99/month (package for all 50 plugins from this developer)
Free Trial? No
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars):4.5 (211 reviews)
- Customize FAQ accordions with answers to commonly asked product info questions
- Allow the most popular questions to stay open (expanded)
- Create a Help Center page with FAQs on shipping and refund policy
- Include text, links, images and videos in answers for engagement
- Add a search bar if you have many questions on a page
- Users can upvote/downvote to help you identify the most informative answers
- Customizable e.g., whole or half-page width, custom question icons, hover effects, colors, etc.
- Multi-language support for product info text
- Easy to install and use
- Fully mobile optimized
- The top plan is a package deal on 50+ POWR apps (Social media feeds, popups, contact form builder, countdown timers, etc.)
- Limit of five FAQ questions and answers with the free version
- The lowest-paid plan only offers 10 questions and answers per month
As you may have guessed from the name, this is another accordion-style FAQ app, helping you answer shoppers’ most commonly asked questions in an engaging and efficient way.
Developed by EnormApps, this plugin is one of the simpler apps reviewed here and is another good option if, for some reason, the apps described above don’t work for you.
Price: Free plan available. Paid plans from $3.99 to $7.99/month (unlimited FAQs)
Free Trial? Yes
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars):4.4 (29 reviews)
- Easily add FAQ accordion sections to product pages or other pages (shipping, returns, etc.)
- Customizable design for FAQs – colors, font size, etc.
- Insert images and videos into answers for engagement
- Two layout options – accordion and simple tabular form
- Fully mobile responsive
- Average ratings not quite up there with the best – but decent
- The free plan has a one-FAQ limit!
Best Shopify FAQ Apps
The bottom line: leaving customers with questions damages conversion rates.
You should be doing everything possible to boost shopper confidence and remove barriers to sales. One of the best ways to do this is to answer the most commonly asked questions directly on your site – without the involvement of support.
You should be pleased that you can help customers out without them having to email you.
A couple of final points:
- These apps help you display info in a user-friendly way, usually with expandable “accordion” style FAQs that improve the user experience
- FAQs are great for SEO – you should expand your FAQ sections with regular new content to drive more traffic
The best Shopify FAQ pages described above can make life easier for your support team, your customers will be happier, and both your traffic and conversion rate should increase.