Best Shopify Order Management Apps 
A successful Shopify store depends on a lot more than having the best products and marketing strategy.
Getting those products ordered, out the door, and arriving at the right place on time requires an effective order management process.
Fortunately, there are hundreds of apps to help with this task. Without them, you would probably end up getting tied in knots.
Shopify order management apps harness the power of automation, helping you with everything from order editing to shipping to order tracking and inventory management.
Whittling down hundreds of apps into a handful that you should consider for your store is no small feat.
But we’ve chosen seven that can help you streamline your store and create a smooth process from the moment that customers start ordering products.
Each of the following apps has exceptional reviews from a multitude of Shopify stores…
As you might expect from then name, this app from Union Works Apps looks after the tagging process for orders from your Shopify store.
This is a valuable time-saving app that enables you to easily filter orders based on a particular set of criteria, making the processing and fulfillment of orders quicker.
Imagine, for instance, that you’d like to provide a welcome gift for first-time customers, it helps to tag these orders to identify those who qualify.
Price: From $15/month up to $40/month
Free Trial? Yes – 7-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (148 reviews)
- Enables automated order processing and fulfillment
- Filter orders easily based on the criteria you select
- Tag orders from customers with multiple open orders, a selected delivery or pickup date or based on zip code
- Tag orders containing out of stock products or cancelled orders
- Tag orders when they are created, fulfilled, cancelled, abandoned, etc.
- Simple rule builder that can use most order data (billing, shipping, customer, transaction, etc.)
- Create highly segmented rules
- Apply fixed tags when an order matches your rule
- Apply rules to past orders
- Bulk tagging for faster order management
- Can apply dynamic tags based on certain attributes of an order (e.g. SKU codes, payment methods, etc.)
- Connects with Shopify Flow to trigger creative workflows for new orders (premium paid version)
- Create rules that don’t yet exist by contacting support
- Responsive customer support
This one by Ghostapps helps you with the reordering process as you restock inventory – ideal for dropshipping stores on Shopify.
By automating much of the process of creating and tracking purchase orders and fulfilling orders as soon as the product comes in, you save time and money and make life a lot easier in your store.
Price: Free plan available for development stores/trials. Paid plans from $14.99/month up to $59.99/month (enterprise version for 100+ POs per month)
Free Trial? Yes – 14-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (43 reviews)
- Easily create personalized purchase orders with your own logo
- Set up your suppliers and import products/cost prices of each variant
- Automatically generate purchase orders to reorder stock and transfer to your Shopify inventory when it arrives
- Forward and track orders automatically to your suppliers as soon as order is paid for by the customer
- Editable template engine provides customization options
- Add your own ‘thank you’ messages or a signature
- Add extra rows, shipping costs, tax, and include a note to the supplier
- Automatically include imported cost prices of products, supplier’s details, shop details customer’s details, etc. in purchase orders
- Send POs from the app using your email address with one-click verification process
- Easily handle split orders (with items from two or more suppliers)
- Bulk import in a number of formats through customer support
- Supports all currencies
- Regular updates keep users happy
- Simple set up – install and you’re ready to start creating POs as soon as orders come in
This inventory and order management app allows you to maintain greater control and accuracy over inventory and costing. This is essential for precise asset valuation and profit and loss reporting.
Additionally, the app helps with end-of-line product management, making bundles and kits easy to organize.
Price: From $40/month (up to 100 SKUs and one user) up to $140/month (enterprise version)
Free Trial? Yes – 14-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (39 reviews)
- Accurate inventory management and cost tracking
- Monitors new orders and inventory data in real-time between Shopify, Stock&Buy, and other channels
- Helps with purchase order management
- Helps with end-of-line product management (bundles & kits)
- Makes refunds and restocking easy
- Inventory valuation adjusted as each purchase is received
- Stock on hand, low inventory and inventory forecast reporting for accurate planning
- Helps forecast future demand and suggest how much to order
- Sync multiple Shopify stores from one central location in real time
- Multi-warehouse location management
- Create listings once and sync them across all stores
- Connects to Xero – syncs POs, inventory valuation, cost of goods sold, invoices, in real time
- Monitor transaction history reports, late payments and orders
- Limited support available on Basic plan
Orderify is an app by Customer First Focus – and putting the customer first is what this app is all about.
Rather than assisting with the order management process from the merchant side, this app allows customers to edit orders, cancel orders and reorder easily from the order status page.
This improves the customer experience and potentially increases customer loyalty and sales, as well as easing the strain on your support team.
Free Trial? Yes – 30-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (170 reviews)
- Allows customers to edit, cancel or reorder (increasing customer trust and loyalty)
- Edit/cancel/reorder from order confirmation/status page, customer account page and from order confirmation email/SMS
- Clicking ‘cancel’ creates a confirmation popup – once confirmed, automatic cancellations and refunds are organized
- Clicking ‘edit’ cancels and refunds the original order and reloads a shopping cart with all of the items in the original order so customers can edit payment, shipping and order content information
- Clicking ‘reorder’ takes the customer to a checkout or a shopping cart containing all the items from the order for easy reordering
- Easy to edit so it reduces customer errors when placing orders
- Reduces back and forth with customer support
- Takes minutes to set up
- Long, 30-day free trial
Aftership is one of the most popular order management apps on Shopify, excellently reviewed by well over 3,500 merchants and used by over 30,000 stores in total.
Specifically, it is concerned with the order tracking and notification process for customers – providing a personalized tracking experience that reduces the number of support requests and improve the overall customer experience.
Price: Free plan available (50 orders quota per month). Paid plans from $9/month up to $99/month (quota of 2,000 shipments per month)
Free Trial? Yes – 14-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.5 (3683 reviews)
- Create your own branded tracking page
- Inform customers where the package is and estimated delivery through automated SMS/email notifications
- Customers look up order status by order number and email or tracking number anytime – reduces support requests
- Tracking page with Instagram feeds and marketing banner to better engage customers (and upsell them)
- Send emails with customized content and a one-click tracking URL
- Replaces the shipper’s tracking URL with an auto-generated URL to drive traffic to your website (better for SEO)
- Customize the circumstances under which notifications are sent (e.g., package is marked as out for delivery, failed, or delivered)
- Integrates with 670+ carriers worldwide
- Includes a bonus sales tool for email pop up, social proof and exit intent
This app from StilyoApps is designed to save you money on shipping.
By merging or combining orders automatically, you eradicate unnecessary shipping fees and make it easier for customers to track orders (fewer orders to track).
The good folk at StilyoApps claim to have the only app that allows you to consolidate orders automatically in this way.
Price: Free plan available (includes 5 free merges + 50¢/merge). Paid plans from $9.99/month up to $49.99/month (up to 350 merges included)
Free Trial? Yes – 14-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.7 (37 reviews)
- Define your own rules to automatically merge two or more similar orders
- Send orders together rather than separately – saving money on shipping costs
- Notify customer of order merger and even offer a special refund of shipping costs
- Consolidate orders based on location
- Merge orders with matching customer ID and shipping address
- Manage orders based on fulfillment status, customer tag, order tag, time between orders, order financial status, shipping address, carriers, etc.
- Add notes or tags to every order merged
- Handle cases of refunds to the old orders
- Manually combine orders that do not fit the rules you create
- Analytics dashboard included in all versions
- All features included in all plans (only difference is the number of merges included in each plan)
- Ideal for stores that encourage customers to buy again quickly after ordering products (using apps like ReConvert)
- Ideal for ClickFunnels
SKULabs is a high-end, all-in-one, multichannel inventory management and shipping solution for Shopify store owners.
Most of the apps included in this review cost little or nothing per month. Not so this one but its significantly higher monthly investment comes with a range of features to create savings that can more than justify the expenditure for larger stores or store owners with multiple stores to manage.
Price: From $499/month (2,500 order limit, 10 users and 5 stores) up to $1,199/month (Enterprise plan with up to 150,000 orders per month and 300 users)
Free Trial? No
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 5.0 (50 reviews)
- Keep warehouse inventory accurate and synced to all of your channels so that sales can be fulfilled
- Streamlined and real-time inventory management system – complete visibility of all warehouses and all sales channels
- Print and scan barcodes to make counting and receiving faster – and for picking/order accuracy
- Manage bundles or kits effectively
- Set custom stock alerts and reorder points so your can replenish in real-time
- View order details on any laptop, desktop, or mobile device
- Compare real-time shipping rates between multiple carriers to save money on each shipment
- Automated settings and rules to configure shipments
- Print shipping labels from any device in your warehouse
- Send customers shipping and tracking information as orders are shipped
- Reorder items from multiple suppliers at once by setting re-order rules
- Generate purchase orders
- Advanced reporting, more customization options and premium support for higher monthly plans
- Extremely well-reviewed despite the high monthly cost
- Implementation team can help you get set up
Stay in full control of your Shopify order management
Shopify out of the box is a great storefront. However, if you try to manage a single Shopify store without assistance from the wealth of order management apps out there, you can quickly lose control.
Stay in control of order management. Whether you have one store or multiple stores, trialing the above apps can help you get organized.
You’ll never look back and your customers will thank you for a better run store and a better shopping experience.