10 Best Shopify Sales Funnel Apps 
Get an extended 30 day free trial of HoneyComb Upsell app by Conversion Bear.
How do you get more customers to buy more products from your Shopify store?
When push comes to shove, that’s what it’s all about, isn’t it?
A great-looking store with in-demand products is a good start. But it’s your sales funnel that will make or break you.
Unless you are getting enough of the right customers into the top of the funnel and guiding them seamlessly through to the checkout where they become valuable paying customers, it’s hard to be successful.
Fortunately, there are plenty of sales funnel apps to help out so it doesn’t take up all your time.
These apps look after everything from helping you build landing pages to upselling your customers at checkout. They all improve your sales process and help turn leads into valuable customers.
We’ve collated the best ones currently available and, in no particular order, detailed what you need to know about each one: price, ratings, and pros and cons.
But before you check out these apps, let’s learn a little more about the Shopify sales funnel and how you can optimize it to boost sales…
What is the Shopify sales funnel?
When we talk about a sales funnel, we mean the customer journey from the first moment of contact with your store until becoming a buyer and, beyond that, hopefully, a raving fan.
New customers who know nothing about your store or your products generally pass through a series of stages before they will buy.
Understanding these stages is key to shaping the marketing strategies that will help visitors to your store take the journey to become loyal customers.
The Shopify marketing funnel includes five main stages:
- Awareness: people develop awareness that you exist (usually through ads, articles, etc.).
- Consideration/comparison: they consider your products/services and how they compare to what else is available.
- Conversion: browsers turn into buyers by making transactions in your store.
- Loyalty: a portion of the buyers will make repeat purchases and become loyal customers.
- Advocacy: some customers will be so happy with your products/services that they actively leave reviews and promote your store in their network as “brand advocates”.
For some types of businesses, the first three stages are the only ones that count because they’re most interested in one-off transactions — personal injury law firms or real estate agents are a good example.
But you’re a Shopify store so you don’t just want to convert people into buyers. You want them to come back repeatedly and tell their friends about you.
It’s called a sales “funnel” because it’s naturally wider at the top and narrower at the bottom. Of the people that are attracted to your business, only a fraction of those will become buyers. Many will drop out — and that’s normal — but the important thing from a Shopify marketing perspective is that you can increase the numbers at every stage of the funnel.
That’s where the next point about Shopify sales funnel optimization comes in…
Shopify sales funnel optimization steps
Before we get into the Shopify sales funnel apps you can use to increase sales, let’s take a quick look at a few strategies for optimizing each stage of your sales funnel.
1. Awareness: how do you attract the right visitors to your Shopify store?
Developing awareness is the stage that usually takes the most work so if you’re looking for quick sales shortcuts, look away.
It’s the lead generation stage, where you try to attract potential customers to your store with your marketing campaigns.
Essential marketing tactics for attracting visitors
- Facebook ads: showcase not just your products but how they solve problems or achieve goals — pique interest to get people to your store.
- Google Ads: at the top of product search pages in Google are Google Ads that can send large volumes of your traffic your way if you get them right.
- Content and SEO campaigns: organic Google rankings are displayed when people enter search terms too, A comprehensive content strategy with an optimized SEO campaign can help your content rank higher.
Warning: you can burn a lot of money quickly on Google and Facebook Ads unless your campaigns are professionally managed. Seek help on your campaigns to maximize your ROI and minimize risk.
2. Consideration: how do you persuade potential customers that you’re the best solution?
No Shopify store works in a vacuum — everyone has competition. During the consideration stage of your Shopify sales funnel, visitors start comparing how you shape up with what else is available.
Potential customers will evaluate your product’s features and pricing, as well as the overall service provided (from customer reviews). They want to know how your product helps them and whether it’s worth what you charge.
Essential marketing tactics for persuading customers that you’re the best answer:
- Professional, high-quality product images: to sell your products (including lifestyle shots of people using your products).
- Professionally written product descriptions that appeal to customer needs.
- Positive reviews from customers: embed positive customer reviews on your homepage, product pages and in your ads.
3. Conversion: how do you persuade potential customers to buy?
Traffic and interest are nothing unless a good portion of it converts into paying customers. That’s what will really make or break your Shopify store.
Essential marketing tactics for increasing conversions:
- High-converting landing pages: professionally written and designed landing pages will increase your conversion rate.
- Calls to action: clear call-to-action buttons that tell customers what to do next, why and when are essential for turning more browsers into buyers.
- Abandoned cart campaigns: if a visitor to your store shows buying intent (e.g., loaded a cart that was later abandoned), you can follow up and retarget these “lost” customers.
- Mobile navigation: a store with a great user experience will encourage more sales. It needs to be mobile-first with simple navigation so that visitors can find what they need easily (like with most of the paid Shopify themes).
- Premium customer support: you can’t afford to drop the ball with support as bad news spreads quickly on social media. Live chat and responsive support will not only help retain customers but will also help grow your business.
4. Loyalty & advocacy: how do you make your customers happy?
It’s harder to win a new customer than to keep an existing one. The above steps help you win customers but that’s no good if existing customers are falling away.
By running campaigns to increase loyalty and advocacy, you will retain customers and word will get around about you and your products.
Essential marketing tactics for boosting loyalty and advocacy:
- Personalized offers: analyze your customers’ purchase history and send relevant and personalized offers.
- Follow up with a “thank you” email and a survey: a simple “thank you” email goes a long way. Also, consider sending a survey to show that their opinions matter.
Social media campaigns: using Facebook and Instagram to interact with your audience and build a community can increase engagement, loyalty and positive sentiment (quizzes, surveys and user-generated content are great for this).
Best Shopify Sales Funnel App
|Free trial||7 days||30 days||14 days|
|Entry-level plan||Free (100 monthly funnel views)||$4.99/month (up to 49 orders/month)||$67/month (250,000 monthly page views)|
|Highest plan||$149/month||$29.99/month||$97/month (500,000 monthly page views)|
|Any other fees?||No||0.75% of extra revenues generated||No|
|Split testing||Yes – out of the box||No||Yes – out of the box|
|Shopify reviews||4.9 (466 reviews)||4.9 (3590 reviews)||4.8 (632 reviews)|
Honeycomb Upsell Funnels
This app focuses on helping you catch customers “when their loyalty is at its peak” – with cart and post-purchase offers and discounts that encourage upsells and boost revenues.
Developed by the folks at Conversion Bear, they’ve hit gold with this app, which has consistently picked up five-star reviews from the many Shopify merchants who use it.
Price: Free plan available (up to 100 monthly funnel views). Paid plans from $49.99/month to $149.99/month.
Free Trial? Yes – 7-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (466 reviews)
- Fast-loading, non-intrusive upsell and cross-sell offers
- Helps you raise your store’s average order value (AOV)
- Offers can appear on product pages, “thank you” pages and on cart pages when customers click “go to checkout”
- Display up to three targeted offers to increase the chances of buyers accepting
- Uses AI to scan your order history and recommend upsell offers
- Easily customize offers (test, design etc.) using intuitive setting panels
- Easy to set up with any theme – no developer skills required
- Mobile-first design
- Split testing available
- Track ROI, AOV, CTR, etc.
- Dedicated support available even on the freemium version
- Only 100 funnel views with freemium version (and app branding appears)
ReConvert Upsell & Cross-sell
The ReConvert developers have several Shopify sales funnel apps but this is the “jewel in the crown”.
The app increases the upsell and cross-sell options with customers who have bought products in your Shopify store. Increasing the average order value (AOV) and maximizing the potential from each sale is one of the keys to increasing ecommerce store revenues.
ReConvert Upsell & Cross-sell is very well-reviewed and an established name used by over 35,000 brands worldwide.
Price: From $4.99/month (up to 49 orders/month). Upsell Premium at $7.99/month (99 orders/month), Upsell Premium Pro at $14.99/month (199 orders/month) and $29.99/month (499 orders/month) — plus a percentage of extra revenues generated.
Free Trial? Yes – 30-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (3,590 reviews)
- Checkout upsell feature
- One-click upsell post purchase upsell
- All plans include a “thank you” page editor to upsell and cross-sell
- Helps you collect birthday data from customers
- Run surveys with customers
- Upsell customers to a subscription
- Track orders, reorder and offer bundle-style cross-sell
- Simple drag-and-drop editor to create upsell or cross-sell options
- Deep segmentation features to trigger relevant offers
- Generous free trial period (30 days)
- Low entry price-point ($4.99/month)
- Extra revenue charges based on the increase in revenue generated by using the app
- No free version
Shogun Landing Page Builder
This app from Shogun Labs does exactly what you’d expect from the name. Landing pages are a key element of any sales funnel and this app makes it quick and easy with drag and drop tools and plenty of customizable templates.
It has been positively reviewed by thousands of ecommerce brands for good reason and it’s comforting to know that brands like Chubbies, K-Swiss, MVMT and Leesa all use this app.
Price: From $39/month (up to 25 pages) to $149/month (up to 350 pages).
Free Trial? Yes – 10-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (2210 reviews)
- Simple drag and drop feature makes building custom landing pages easy
- Can be used to design homepages, product pages, contact, blog, etc.
- Over 30 preset themes to guide you
- Sale countdown timers, custom forms, discount tags and Add to Cart buttons help boost conversions
- Easy to stylize the main features of your store pages
- Excellent page loading speeds
- Can create image overlays and hover effects
- Includes tools for A/B testing and measuring performance
- Integrates with Google Analytics
- Simple enough for beginners to use (no coding skills necessary)
- Extremely well reviewed by thousands of users
- 24/7 support – live chat support for higher plans
- The cheapest plan is $39/month
- Only email support unless you pay $149/month
PageFly Fast Page Builder
To gather over 3,500 reviews from customers and maintain a rating of 4.9 takes some doing. PageFly has achieved this and is now used by over 60,000 Shopify stores, making it one of the most popular sales funnel apps out there.
How do they do it? Read on…
Price: Free plan available. Paid plans from $19/month up to $99/month for unlimited pages.
Free Trial? Not applicable
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (7,157 reviews)
- Simple drag and drop page designer that anyone can use
- Over 60 templates available to save time
- Choose from 29 pre-made sections
- Build optimized product and collection pages with images, videos, gifs, etc.
- Create high-converting landing pages without any developer skills
- Optimized code to keep page-load times snappy
- Saved sections allow you to re-use your work on other pages
- Customizable for mobile, tablet and desktop
- Available in English, Chinese, French, German, and Portuguese
- Live chat support 24/7
- Integrates with Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, etc.
- Built-in analytics for conversion rate, revenue, product views, etc.
- The free version only allows one page per page type
- Occasional support issues flagged – but a real rarity
Zipify Pages Builder & Editor
Zipify is another app that makes it easy to build the all-important landing pages for your store. It saves you from having to hire a professional designer or developer.
You can either use the inbuilt templates or customize your pages to get the look and feel you want – and use the smart tools it includes to increase the average order value.
Price: From $67/month.
Free Trial? Yes – 14-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (632 reviews)
- Fully tested professional library of templates to use – new ones added regularly
- Entire sales funnels available for copying
- Easy-to-use drag and drop page builder – no developer or designer required
- Customize the look and feel of your store
- Includes countdown timers, opt-in forms, image carousels, etc. to boost conversions
- Can track data so you never lose leads or sales
- 100% mobile responsive
- Unlimited number of pages included
- Integrates with Facebook, Google, Klaviyo, and other major platforms
- The entry price point is higher than other similar apps ($67) – but it does allow you to create unlimited pages.
UFE Cross Sell & Upsell Funnel
Successfully upselling and cross-selling products can make a huge difference to the profitability of your ecommerce store: “make a customer not a sale” is a great motto to live by.
With this app from Upsell Funnel Engine, you have a simple and effective tool for increasing the value of each customer’s spend by offering complementary products and discounts. Its stellar reviews suggest it’s a real winner, especially for startups looking for a free app.
Price: Free to install and for up to 50 orders per month.
Free Trial? Not applicable.
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.6 (1,561 reviews)
- Fast, lightweight app that helps you sell more to your customers
- Easy to create compelling offers
- Offer discounted upsells, bundles and quantity breaks to customers in an unobtrusive way
- Product upsells in either popup or integrated into the page
- Can offer “Frequently Bought Together” upsells (like Amazon)
- Create upsells from product pages, cart pages or “Thank You” pages
- Set last-minute countdown timers to boost conversions
- Live previews of upsell offers available
- Can split test upsell offers and choose the best-performing ones
- Multi-language support
- Fully mobile responsive
- Real-time analytics to monitor performance
- A few bugs reported by users – but five-star reviews in general
GemPages Page Builder & Funnel
If you’re looking for a cost-effective landing page builder and sales funnel “assistant” for your Shopify store without needing any tech skills, GemPages may be it.
Very well-reviewed and used by thousands of successful ecommerce stores, this app helps you get your landing pages right so that customers are in the mood to buy.
Price: From $15/month up to $59/month.
Free Trial? Yes -10-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (3,179 reviews)
- Over 50 high-converting landing page templates available
- Drag and drop page builder makes it easy to design your pages
- No developer or coding skills necessary
- Lower price point than other similar apps reviewed here
- Suitable for solopreneurs or larger stores
- Design homepage, product pages, blog pages, collection pages, etc.
- Works with all Shopify themes
- Can import and export existing pages from your store easily
- Live chat support for VIP users
- Integrates with Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, etc.
- Mobile-friendly, responsive design
- Only email support in the basic version (priority support for $29/month)
- A few customer complaints about support
Layout Hub Easy Page Builder
This app is another of the best-reviewed apps on Shopify with many hundreds of five-star reviews from merchants.
Why? Because it helps store owners build websites with high converting pages that turn shoppers into paying customers – without much in the way of tech skills required.
Price: Free plan available (three-page limit). Paid plans from $14.99/month to $59.99/month.
Free Trial? Not applicable
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (2,581 reviews)
- Includes a large library of pre-designed layouts for store pages – more added monthly
- Drag and drop builder lets you mix and match blocks
- Use for landing pages, homepage, product pages, collection pages, about us, FAQs, etc.
- Fast-loading pages keep users happy
- All layouts have optimized UX/UI for a high conversation rate
- Compatible with all Shopify themes
- Easy to preview and import layouts
- Step-by-step process is user-friendly for non-tech users
- Freemium plan available for startups and smaller stores
- Responsive for mobile, tablets, etc.
- Only allows three page layouts for freemium (which also carries footer branding) – but pay $14.99/month for 10 pages and other features like live chat.
Metrilo Growth Platform
Metrilo is slightly different from the other apps reviewed here. Rather than an app designed for building landing pages or upselling, it is a full platform that provides “instant ecommerce analytics, powerful CRM and email marketing.”
Metrilo focuses on providing a more engaging customer experience and turning ecommerce leads into repeat sales.
Price: From $119/month up to $299/month.
Free Trial? Yes – 14-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 5.0 (6 reviews)
- CRM that provides sales insights to uncover opportunities for repeat orders
- Built-in customer engagement tools
- At-a-glance sales metrics
- Pre-set sales funnel tracking
- Product performance data to help you develop your brand
- Tools to help you understand buyer profiles and improve the buying experience
- Customer journey tracking and customer lifecycle monitoring
- Tools to help segment your database
- Helps build closer relationships with customers
- Gather feedback automatically to improve your offerings
- Recover “lost” sales
- Higher monthly outlay than other apps reviewed here – though it is a more comprehensive app
Text Funnels SMS Marketing
Two of the easiest ways to boost revenues in your Shopify store are to recover abandoned carts and upsell existing customers. Unfortunately, too many store owners either don’t bother to do this or rely solely on email to contact customers.
The Text Funnels app enables the use of SMS messages – which have a high open-rate compared to emails – to boost sales in a proven way.
Price: Free plan available ($10 per 100 credits) or $19.99/month ($5 per 100 credits).
Free Trial? Yes – 7-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.7 (3 reviews)
- High open rates associated with SMS messages compared to email
- Makes abandoned cart, upsell, cross-sell and customer re-engagement messages simple
- Over 15 funnel templates to cover the entire sales funnel after customers engage with you
- Make your own funnel pages
- Target new customers with broadcast messages to subscribers
- Forwards unanswered texts to your email or support desk
- In-built answer bot helps customer questions get answered 24/7
- Grow your contact list with a “text subscribe” popup option
- Multimedia (image, GIF, video) support
- Analytics to measure the success of funnels
- Automatic rescheduling of messages
- TCPA and GDPR-compliant
- Lack of customer reviews
Ready to give your Shopify sales funnel a boost?
If any part of your sales funnel is broken or inefficient, you are throwing money out the door of your Shopify store.
You need to nurture potential customers through the steps that optimize the buying experience and maximize your earnings.
The above apps all help you to do that and will make the buying process smoother for customers.
Try them out using the free trials and you should start noticing the effect on sales very quickly.