Best Shopify Quick View Apps Reviewed
How do you help your customers quickly preview a product on a collection page without heading over to the product detail page, re-loading an entire page again or having to click the “Back” button?
Answer: by using a Shopify quick view app.
These apps help your customers browse and check out products right from where they are on the listing or collection page without wasting time loading another page. They display a product view/overview using popups or mouseovers on the same page that the shopper is on.
Impatient customers are eager for close-up views of products before they add them to the cart. Shopify quick view apps are especially useful for apparel/fashion stores, where people like to see color variations or details of the fabrics used in particular items.
The best Shopify quick view apps make the shopping experience smoother and more convenient. Improving the customer’s experience in this way results in a boost in conversions in your store.
We’ve checked out the quick view apps available in the Shopify app store and report our findings on the best five apps below. Most achieve similar things but a few of them go beyond quick views with promotional features and another even adds product filter and search functionality options.
Quick View – Sales Booster is an app by Qikify, a well-established team of developers responsible for providing many Shopify apps that improve conversions.
This Shopify quick view app adds many promotional and upsell features to your store as well as quick-view functionality
Not only can it provide a quicker shopping experience and improve the overall user experience (and conversion rate), but it helps you upsell/cross-sell your products and increase urgency (to boost sales) too.
Price: Free plan available. Basic plan at $3.99/month. Premium plan at $9.99/month.
Free Trial? Yes — 7-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (129 reviews)
- Quickly view product details in a popup
- Add-to-cart in one click
- Displays product images, descriptions and color swatches with the add-to-cart button
- Quick navigation with previous/next product button
- Easy to customize your quick view popup — layouts, button and font color
- Flexible layouts and rich design options
- Easy to install and use — no coding skills required
- Edit and see changes with real-time previews
- Social sharing feature for increased social engagement
- Upsell tools including promotion bar, sale badge, recommended products, etc.
- Visitors count to create urgency
- Recommendations for similar products on preview popup (for cross-sells)
- Analytics provided (track number of add-to-carts/conversion rates)
- Short free trial (only 7 days)
- Most negative reviews are historical (two years ago or more)
It’s not often in the competitive world of app development that there is a clear leader for a particular type of app.
Smartviewer: Quick View by Secomapp is easily the most established app in the field, maintaining glowing reviews from over 1,000 Shopify merchants and installed by many more.
The app helps you create a more convenient shopping experience, reducing the time it takes to check products and add them to the shopping cart.
Price: Free plan available (one button template). Pro plan at $3.99/month. Unlimited plan at $9.99/month.
Free Trial? Yes — 14-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (1153 reviews)
- Instant product details preview from any collection page
- Reduces shopping time by providing a quick preview of products from the catalog pages
- Makes browsing products easy with a zoom function
- Add products to the cart from the quick view pop-up (Fancybox)
- Fully customizable popup and quick view button design
- Update the shopping cart via Ajax
- One-click to checkout (paid plans)
- Unlimited customization and upsell/promotional features (paid versions)
- Easy to use: install and run without setting up (no HTML/CSS knowledge required)
- All major browsers supported
- Google Analytics integration
- The free version includes many features
- More reviews from Shopify merchants than other quick view apps reviewed here
- Occasional problems with loading times reported
Qimify Quick View is an app by a developer who makes several apps for Shopify store owners. This one is considered the best of the lot.
The app focuses on speeding up the shopping/product browsing experience and boosting conversions rather than promotional or upsell features. In that sense, it is quite a simple app that does what you expect in the free version – but little else.
The paid version does, however, add a little more promotional zest to the picture.
Price: Free plan available (with Qimify branding). Premium paid plan at $6.99/month.
Free Trial? No
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.7 (9 reviews)
- Provides shoppers with quick access to product preview popups in one click
- Add items to shopping carts from home or collection pages
- Creates a convenient and smooth shopping experience
- Simple to install and use – no tech knowledge required
- Automatically updates shopping cart for shoppers
- All major browsers supported
- Customizable quick-view button and popup texts
- One-click to checkout
- Full-featured free version available
- Some promotional features (promotional bars and badges) available in the paid version
- Popup animation available in the paid version
- Lack of reviews from Shopify merchants
- Fewer promotional features than other quick view apps reviewed here
Turbo Product Filter by Apolomultimedia is different from the other quick view apps reviewed here in that it serves multiple purposes. The app is effectively five apps tolled into one: as its name might suggest, it is not just for quick view but also product filter, search, sticky cart and badges.
There is no free version of this app, which may put some merchants off but if you are looking for an app that does a lot more than just providing a quick product view from collection pages, you should be able to justify paying a little for the privilege.
Price: Plans available at $4.80/month (up to 100 products), $8.90/month (up to 500 products), $11.90/month (up to 1,000 products), and $28.90/month (up to 5,000 products),
Free Trial? Yes — 7-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 3.9 (53 reviews)
- Five apps rolled into one: product filter, search, quick view, sticky cart and badges (product labels)
- All apps aim to improve shopper experience, make browsing products quicker, and boost conversions/sales
- Multi-check product filter improves navigation and product filter/search
- Smart search helps customers to search for the products they want on the collection page (reduces search time)
- Quick view uses mouseovers to offer a quick product view without wasting clicks
- Features a thumbnail gallery with a carousel slider
- Add to cart button adds products without reloading the collection page
- Includes a red tag to show the discounts on top of the main image
- Compressed sticky cart helps customers buy products or update the cart from the collection page
- No free plan
- Lack of integrations with other apps (e.g., review apps)
For a totally free app, Quick View & Quick Shop by Roar Theme seems to do a great job of its main task: helping shoppers preview products easily and quickly.
There is no paid version so merchants looking for a simple but well-featured app (like startups and growing stores) can use this without any financial commitments.
Free Trial? No
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 3.9 (34 reviews)
- Provides product quick view on collection pages or homepage
- Product overview popups open on the page the shopper is on
- One-click “buy it now” option to boost conversion rates
- Upsell bundles included for increased sales
- Color swatches
- Sale labels, promotional bars and recommended product options are available
- Highlight the saved amount from sale items
- Visitor counter for increased urgency
- Social sharing buttons provided
- Totally free app – no paid version
- Basic analytics are provided to view the products clicked
- Lack of tutorials or assistance in setting up, according to some merchants
- General lack of support (but it is free!)
Ready to reduce shopping time for your Shopify customers with quick view apps?
All of the Shopify quick view apps reviewed above will do a decent job of providing a rapid and convenient view of products from the collection pages of your store.
Your choice of app may depend on whether you need the extra promotional and upsell features that some of the apps provide, as much as whether or not you object to paying for this extra functionality.