Community Builder is a Shopify forum app from Garner Labs. It’s a little different from the other apps reviewed here in that it is geared totally towards Facebook forums.
This app is all about adding another “touchpoint” with customers to better understand and connect with them. It allows you to discuss products and help out with customer queries on Facebook, growing relationships and building a loyal following.
However, it is done on Facebook rather than directly from your store. This may work well if you have a large customer base of avid Facebook users who won’t hesitate to join a Facebook-based forum (there are currently over 10 million groups).
- Displays a widget to invite customers to join your Facebook community
- Widget displayed from the Order Confirmation page and after checkout
- Create a new channel for customers to ask questions and interact with you
- Can create awareness of offers and gather customer opinion/feedback
- Conduct simple-to-respond-to surveys
- Generate new leads from other Facebook users
- Demonstrate additional value for customers
- Customizable with your own text and description
- Simple to install and set up an instant Facebook group community
- Easy-to-use interface
- Lack of reviews from Shopify merchants
- Takes users off your store (to Facebook)