DropInBlog is the only app in this review that is a total blog solution in its own right and not just a layout builder on top of the in-built Shopify blog.
This makes it light and flexible. It is also SEO-friendly and has more features than Shopify’s native blog. It’s also easier and cheaper to implement than a WordPress blog because it requires no hosting.
With this blog app for Shopify, it’s easy to insert products into your blog posts, making content shoppable while also keeping it visible in the search engines.
Interestingly, the app also integrates well with other ecommerce platforms like BigCommerce and Big Cartel so if you ever migrate from Shopify in the future, it’s easy to bring your blog with you.
- Includes as-you-type SEO analysis to improve content rankings
- Embed products into blog posts directly from the editor
- Customers can “Add to Cart” the products you embed in posts
- Easy writing experience to create posts that look great on mobile and desktop
- Includes related blog posts feature
- Highlight to share feature
- Includes a read progress indicator
- Easy to search and share posts
- Filter posts from the admin panel by title/category and display blog categories how you like
- Add background images/description text to blog home and category page headers
- Fast-loading pages
- Matches your site theme out-of-the-box (automatically uses your store’s colors and fonts)
- Greater flexibility than the Shopify built-in blog
- Cleaner URL structure than the built-in Shopify blog
- Responsive “real human” support
- New features and updates are added regularly
- 14 day free trial
- No free plan available