Rewind Backups is a Shopify app designed to provide store owners with reliable and efficient data backup solutions. The app primarily focuses on automated backups, ensuring regular and up-to-date protection of store data, including products, images, themes, and customer information. This automation ensures that store owners can focus on their business without worrying about the safety of their data.
In addition to automated backups, Rewind Backups offers manual backup options, giving store owners more control over their data management. This feature is particularly useful for creating backups before making significant changes to the store. The app also simplifies the data recovery process, allowing for quick restoration in case of accidental deletions or data loss. This minimizes the potential disruption to business operations. A standout feature of Rewind Backups is its item-level restoration capability. This allows store owners to restore specific items or sections rather than reverting the entire store to a previous state. It provides flexibility and precision in managing data. The app also includes backup history and reports, providing detailed logs and reports of backup activities. This transparency helps store owners monitor and verify the integrity of their backups. The user-friendly interface of the app makes managing backups straightforward, catering to users without technical expertise.
Security is a paramount concern for Rewind Backups, and the app employs robust security measures to protect backup data from unauthorized access or breaches. Additionally, customization options are available for the backup schedule and settings, allowing store owners to tailor the app to their specific needs and preferences.
- 7 day free trial
- The app provides automatic backups in real-time, as well as daily and on-demand options, ensuring that Shopify store data is consistently up-to-date and secure
- Users can restore multiple items simultaneously, such as a whole collection or brand, and also have the option to undo individual items or perform bulk restores, which includes the ability to recover the entire store if needed
- Rewind Backups includes a Protection Suite that offers comprehensive prevention, protection, and restoration features. It also includes tools for monitoring website and third-party app downtime, setting up a staging environment, and receiving alerts for product changes.
- The app is easy to set up and offers reliable customer support
- It covers a wide range of data types for restoration, including individual items like images, descriptions, blogs, themes, orders, pages, and customer lists, providing thorough coverage for the entire Shopify store
- The app supports metafield backups, which are essential for stores that use custom fields for additional information about products, customers, and orders. This ensures that all aspects of the store data are comprehensively backed up
- Rewind Backups is ready for multi-store setups, which is particularly beneficial for businesses that operate more than one Shopify store. This feature allows for streamlined management of backups across multiple stores.
- The app includes features for monitoring key user journeys, detecting full or partial outages on Shopify and third-party apps, and providing insights into what’s gone wrong. This is crucial for maintaining a seamless shopping experience for customers
- Rewind offers a staging environment as part of its Protection Suite. This allows store owners to maintain up to ten test stores, providing a comprehensive staging environment with continuous sync. Store parts or the entire store can be copied, and deployments to the live store are possible with just a few clicks
- The app sends alerts for bulk product changes and offers customizable alert thresholds. This feature is valuable for staying informed about significant changes in the store, helping to manage large inventories effectively
- No free plan
- One of the main cons noted is the absence of a progress bar or time remaining indicator during the backup process. This can be particularly inconvenient for users who wish to have an idea of how long the backup will take or how much has been completed, especially during the initial backup, which tends to be more time-consuming than subsequent onee