Bold Apps is a well-established developer with over a dozen available for Shopify merchants – most of which are extremely well-reviewed.
This one seems to have missed out on the positive reviews to date but we include it in this accounting app review as it is one of the few Xero-focused apps with a free version.
It can help you get to grips with tax and may be a great option for businesses starting out to consider. A lot of the criticism of the app occurred in its early days and many of the problems appear to have been ironed out.
- Automatically export Shopify orders to Xero every day
- Each exported order from Shopify into Xero automatically includes all line items, shipping, and taxes
- Refunds, discounts, and payment fees are automatically recorded separately if you use Shopify Payments
- Can automatically import customer information along with your orders (optional)
- Receive daily notification emails
- Financial reporting possible in just a couple of clicks
- Integrates with global financial apps like TaxJar, Taxify, etc.
- Automatically sets up new tax agencies and their associated tax rate based on imported orders
- Set a primary tax agency for where you most regularly do business
- Run reports to see how much you owe in taxes
- Free trial available
- Some technical/compatibility issues with app – but support has a good record of fixing issues