Best Appointment App for Shopify in 
Do your customers need to schedule appointments or book time for services offered on your Shopify store?
Maybe you rent out accommodation or other facilities, teach classes or provide coaching, provide a home service, or sell tickets for events? Maybe you’re a doctor even? Or you provide a tailoring service that requires fitting appointments?
Customers need to access a booking service with you to make all this happen. A Shopify appointment app is all you need as an add-on to your store.
There is a good selection of apps and plugins that integrate seamlessly with Shopify (or are specifically designed for it) to help customers book with you.
But what’s the best appointment app for Shopify currently?
Most of these allow people to book appointments directly through your Shopify store but which ones do it the best? Which ones can help you improve conversion rates? What else can they do?
We’ve done much of the legwork already. This will help you:
- Find pricing/rating/trial details of each app
- Identify the main features of each app
- Understand the main pros and cons of each app
From there, you can make up your own mind.
Here are the six best appointment apps available on the Shopify App Store right now (in no particular order):
Easy Appointment Booking emerged this past year after winning the Shopify App Challenge. You can get started in just a few clicks with helpful chat, email and FAQ support, ensuring the app is set up correctly on your store.
Their features focus on saving you time, growing revenue, and improving your customer experience. With custom fields, variant-based calendars, and calendar integrations, it has what you need to grow your services without the headache.
Price: Free, Standard ($15/month), Pro ($25/month)
Free Trial? Free plan available
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (31 reviews)
- Easy to get started
- Top notch customer service based on reviews
- Google Calendar for syncing bookings, blocking personal appointments, and writing to team calendars
- Custom fields to capture information from customers before they meet with you
- Automatic reminder and thank you emails
- Customer cancellation and rescheduling supported
- Customization like text updates, language, fonts, colors, images, and more
- Book Now button that markets your services on any page on your site
- The free plan is limited to one confirmation email per booking
- Limited to email-only reminders, SMS is not live yet
The Sesami Appointment Booking app for Shopify brands itself as the “most intuitive Shopify calendar and booking app”.
The app was created by entrepreneurs who understand the challenges of businesses built around a selling-time-based model. It provides a full booking system for customers so that they remain in-store for a seamless and personalized customer experience.
Price: From FREE (for one individual) to $129/month for the Pro version (up to 20 team members and no Sesami branding – most suitable for Shopify Plus clients)
Free Trial? Free plan available
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.8 (98 reviews)
- Customers can book and pay for the appointments/services directly from your Shopify store or POS
- Thye can book appointments for online or offline services
- Easy-to-use (intuitive)
- “Book Me” buttons help the call to action stand out
- Team management and scheduling available
- Notifications and email confirmations with .ics calendar event file attached
- Customer cancellation and rescheduling supported
- Can link Zoom, Google Hangout/Meet or audio/video conferencing tools
- Worldwide time-zone and multi-language support even in free version
- Integrates and syncs with Google Calendar
- Excellent customer service according to users
- The free plan is for individual entrepreneurs only – if you have multiple team members using it, you will need one of the paid versions
BookThatApp by Zetya is one of the best-reviewed Shopify appointment apps out there – with good reason, as it has a full range of features.
It allows potential customers to book time with you directly from your Shopify store rather than being directed elsewhere to do it or sorting it out by email.
Appointment confirmations are sent automatically after they are booked, ensuring that you never miss an opportunity with a customer.
Price: Free plan available (up to 10 bookings). Paid versions at $19.95/month and $29.95/month with unlimited bookings. more customization and branding removed
Free Trial? The free plan provides up to 10 bookings
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.6 (227 reviews)
- Allows booking online with real-time availability checking to improve conversion rates
- Shows available dates/times right on the product pages
- 24/7 capability to book appointment times
- Sends automatic customized email/SMS confirmations of appointment details
- Allows you to provide quotes or convert clients quicker
- Integrates with Google Calendar and iCal
- Enables you to set custom rules for booking time with you
- Updates inventory automatically
- View color-coded bookings in daily/weekly/monthly format
- Mobile-friendly, responsive design
- Supports complex booking and payment scenarios (e.g., multiple staff resources)
- Supports both free and paid store themes on Shopify
- Good customer support according to users
- Few weaknesses but the free plan is very limited
Booking App by Webul is a simple way for potential customers to schedule up to six different types of bookings with you.
This gives it wide appeal for merchants of a variety of services and products on Shopify. It’s starting to gather more reviews and traction in the marketplace now.
Free Trial? Yes – 15-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.7 (18 reviews)
- Easy for customers to see available times and book slots with you according to your schedule
- Easily blackout certain dates from the booking period (accept no bookings for these dates)
- Six different types of bookings taken according to different service types (appointment type, rent type, event type, concert type)
- Customers can manage reschedule/cancelation of bookings
- You maintain control of booking approval and can cancel/reschedule too
- Add a booking feature to the products/services you sell on your store
- Configurable confirmation email automatically sent to admin and customer for every booking action taken
- You can add custom fields and custom information
- App installation support provided at no additional cost
- A few support issues from users in the early days but these seem to have disappeared in recent times
- Some users report issues regarding lack of options with rental type
With the BookedUp app by Promeate (a Canadian-based app developer) potential customers who want to book an appointment with you will see a Calendly or Acuity Scheduling popup where they can arrange a convenient (and available) time right there from your Shopify storefront.
Bear in mind that you will need a separate booking service – this app just helps you create the popups from Calendly or Acuity.
Free Trial? Yes – 14-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.9 (7 reviews)
- Create Calendly or Acuity popups for customers to arrange convenient booking times
- Bookings can be taken directly from the website without leaving your Shopify store
- Works with both the free and paid versions of Calendly/Acuity
- Provides double-booking protection, timezone detection, group events, etc.
- Also supports event buffer times, minimum scheduling notice, and daily appointment limits
- Event booking buttons can be placed anywhere on your site to help maximize sales
- Requires a separate booking service with Calendly or Acuity Scheduling (note: if payment is required, this can be arranged through the Calendly or Acuity gateways but not through Shopify)
- Lack of reviews
Acerill Appointment Booking app displays an interactive calendar on your store where customers can schedule time with you (but it does not support payments for this time).
It is a simple-to-use booking service that can help you with everything from booking out a sports facility to booking a time for a hair appointment at your salon. It should help you engage and convert more potential customers into sales as long as you don’t need to collect payment at the time of booking.
Free Trial? Yes – 7-day free trial
Average Shopify Rating (out of 5 stars): 4.1 (18 reviews)
- Customers can book time (but no in-built payment gateway)
- Confirmation email sent to you and your customer (configurable)
- Manage the appointments with Google Calendar
- Blends into your store design/branding
- Supports multiple calendars
- Integration with Zapier ensures that booking information can be used by other apps (e.g. Google Drive, MailChimp, etc.)
- Low monthly cost
- Some support response issues according to users
- Few up-to-date reviews
- Cannot collect payments
Grow your business with a Shopify appointment booking app
If your business is centred around customers booking time with you, a facility or an event, you need to find the best way for that to happen.
Whether you want customers to pay when they book with you or just book a slot and pay later, the above apps should help you provide a seamless experience, making customer lives (and your life) easier in the process.
Check out the free trials and see which one works best for your business.