Loox Review for Shopify 
Few Shopify store owners would downplay the importance of getting product reviews from customers.
In the absence of first-hand experience, second-hand experience from other customers helps people make buying decisions. Reviews breed trust and help market and sell products for you. No debate.
And if reviews can become referrals through word-of-mouth, even better!
The only issue is how to get as many glowing customer reviews and referrals as possible? Loox is frequently held up as one of the best review apps for Shopify stores to do just that.
It helps you display positive opinions about your products and overcome buyer doubts and anxiety. All of the biggest Shopify brands know the power of reviews at every stage of the customer funnel and Loox makes the process easy.
In this Loox review, we consider what the app can do, how it can help your store grow, the costs associated with using it, and, basically, everything you need to know if you are considering your options with this Shopify review app.
Loox review: What does the app do?
In a word, marketing. Loox markets your store practically on autopilot, using the immense power of social proof.
As you can see from the screenshot above, Loox is quite proud of the fact that it was designed specifically for Shopify stores. It calls itself the “leading Shopify reviews and referrals app” and is used by over 100,000 Shopify merchants, including some very large brands (The North Face, Sennheiser, etc.).
Primarily, Loox helps you turn customers into advocates with glowing reviews that market and sell your brand. These reviews can contain images and videos, helping you add user-generated content (UGC) around the social proof.
What’s more, Loox does all this work for you without you barely having to lift a finger. It certainly won’t take up much of your time as the process is largely automated once you get it up and running.
The smart, fully automated and customizable review request emails can be scheduled to be sent after delivery time or after purchase. Then you sit back and wait for the reviews to roll in.
Beyond that, Loox does even more. Another of the key differentiators between Loox and other similar apps is that it also makes the referral process easier for stores.
If you’re like most Shopify store owners I know, your referral process is a little haphazard and not very well structured. Loox solves that problem by introducing a referral process into customer interactions, automating and tracking referrals across multiple channels.
Loox review: What are the other main features and benefits?
You already know the “big picture” benefits of the app: social proof, trust, and referrals all from an automated system.
Next, in this Loox review, let’s take a quick look at the other main features and benefits of the app…
Photo and video reviews
With Loox, you can wave goodbye to simple text reviews – though they are still an option. The unwritten rule in social media, social selling, and ecommerce is why use words when a picture or video can say it for you?
Pictures and videos help you sell more products. Period. Therefore, it makes sense to encourage users to create and post multimedia reviews.
Loox even helps you to incentivize these sought-after reviews by enabling discounts for video and image-based testimonials.
Loox provides several attractive display options for reviews so that they can be shown in the sidebar, as a carousel or as popups. The other option is in a list/grid layout formation.
Highlight your best reviews
With Loox, it’s also easy to highlight your best reviews so that they are the first that people see when landing on the product pages, homepage, shopping cart pages, or elsewhere in your store.
Loox also allows you to group products to share reviews about them. This can provide immediate and relevant social proof for the products you want to sell most.
Encourage customers to share reviews
As part of the social proof and referral process, you can automatically encourage customers to share their reviews with friends across multiple other channels, extending the marketing reach of every review.
Track user-generated content
The reviews you gather are a form of user-generated content that has been proven to help with search rankings as well as aiding conversions.
With this important “double-whammy”, it’s necessary to keep track of performance so that you can adjust the strategy as needed:
Other key features
In addition to the features described, Loox offers:
- A quick and easy installation process (no coding required for any Shopify or Shopify Plus theme)
- Mobile-friendly and responsive setup
- Quick email setup for review and referral requests
- Import of reviews from any source
- One-click AliExpress reviews importer and built-in imports for all other review apps
- Seamless integration with Facebook and Google – including Google Shopping ads, Google Search (Rich Snippets), Facebook Pixel, Facebook Reviews tab, etc.
- Maintaining control of moderation – you decide which product reviews get published
- A feature to reply to reviews in public
- Great loading speed
- Inline SEO – display product reviews and ratings on search results with Rich Snippets
- The option of a Happy Customers page with all product reviews in one place
- Customizable appearance of reviews to fit your brand
- Responsive support team 24/7
- Availability in English, French and 15 other languages
- Occasional comments from users with installation issues but the support team usually jumps onto these problems quite quickly and offers solutions
- Occasional moans about the price but they are far outweighed by happy customers
- No inbuilt review translation – but the app does integrate with Weglot to allow translation with the more advanced plans (see below in the Pricing section of this Loox review)
Can you edit reviews on Loox?
Loox would lose credibility if you could edit reviews. So, there is no such edit feature on the app. You should be pleased to hear that, in truth. There is already far too much chicanery used online without having high-quality apps adding to it.
Translations are possible through the integration with Weglot on the higher-end packages – but no editing otherwise.
How to get set up with Loox?
Simply download the app from the Shopify app store as the first step. The prompts make the app easy to install with whichever theme you use.
You can start checking out the features for free – or sign up to one of the plans for access to the specific features you need (see the Pricing section of this Loox review below).
The good news is that Loox can start working for you immediately. Upon installation, you can start sending review request emails up to customers who bought items from you up to three months ago.
Amazing ratings from Shopify merchants
Do you know how challenging it is to get 7,500 reviews on Shopify and to maintain a top rating?
Unsurprisingly for an app that is so adept at getting reviews, the team at Loox has applied what they know to their own business. As resounding proof that their system works, Loox is one of the best-reviewed apps on Shopify.
You would rightly be asking questions if the app only had a few reviews. In fact, Loox reviews currently number 7,435 at the time of writing. This grows almost daily.
These reviews average out at a 4.9-star rating, which is beyond impressive.
If you’d like to know more about how Shopify stores have used the app to help grow their ecommerce businesses, check out the case studies on the Loox website.
Loox review: pricing
Loox has four pricing options:
In summary, the options are:
- Beginner: $9.99/month (plus an optional $5/month for Loox Referrals): includes 100 monthly review request emails, SEO and up to 500 processed orders.
- Essential: $29.99/month (plus an optional $5/month for Loox Referrals): includes 300 monthly review request emails, advanced customization and Facebook Pixel integration.
- Growth: $34.99/month (+ $35 per additional 300 emails over the base 300 plus an optional $5 for Loox Referrals): includes 300-6,000 monthly review request emails, video reviews, full customization and more integrations.
- Unlimited: $599.99/month: includes unlimited monthly review request emails and unlimited referrals – plus all Growth features, a customer success manager and priority support.
As you can see, Loox caters to small and growing stores as well as the larger established brands and enterprises.
If you want to try before you buy, there is a 14-day free trial, which provides access to the features you will need to assess the app’s performance in your store.
Ready to get serious about Shopify reviews and referrals?
If you have been treating reviews and referrals on a mainly ad hoc basis, like many Shopify store owners, Loox provides an almost instant opportunity to change those bad habits.
Whether you are a small dropshipping store, a wannabe major brand or already well-established, you can no longer afford to ignore the fact that positive reviews boost conversion rates.
Install Loox and you have a ready-made system to boost social proof, marketing, and sales. When word gets around quickly online, a store can gather momentum by highlighting and sharing positive reviews. More sales lead to more sales through referrals.
Loox simply does more than most of the other similar apps available on this front. There’s nothing not to like.
Whether you are a Shopify or Shopify Plus store owner, give it a go and we feel pretty sure you’ll be delighted with the results.